July 16th, 2010 by Terry and Sue
- Visit the Oceanarium Restaurant at Pacific Beach Hotel, where an incredible three-story, 280,000-gallon saltwater fish tank holds hundreds of Hawaii’s tropical fish.
- Watch the Friday night sail boat races from Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park or from the peaceful, 2nd floor courtyard of the Ilikai, overlooking the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor.
- Stroll through the Hilton Hawaiian Village and see fish ponds, ducks, swans, parrots, and the hotel’s very own penguins and flamingos. The Ilikai Hotel and Apartments are right nex tdoor.
- Enjoy the torch lighting ceremony and hula show at Kuhio Beach Park in Waikiki. This is a delightful show filled with traditional Hawaiian music and dancing. This show is on the beach. Shows Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday nights around sunset (around 6:00pm or 6:30pm) depending on the time of year.
- Learn how to strum an ukulele or dance the hula at the Royal Hawaiian Village.
- Visit the U.S. Army Museum at Fort DeRussy. Traces the history of ancient Hawaiian warriors to current times.
- Enjoy the changing of the Guard at King’s Village.
- Visit the Arizona Memorial. Take the bus. View the film and take the water taxi to the memorial.
- Visit the Surf Museum. The Honolulu Surfing Museum, located at Jimmy Buffett’s Restaurant and Bar at the OHANA Waikiki Beachcomber. The museum’s collection of unique artifacts, displays and experiences celebrate the Hawaiian heritage.
- Watch the sunset torch lighting and conch blowing ceremony that has been a nightly tradition for over 40 years at the Ilikai.
- Every friday at sunset listen to the live Hawaiian music and dancers in the Ilikai Courtyard.
- View the friday night fireworks from the Ilikai’s second floor Courtyard.
- Snorkel at the shallow ”Hilton Reef” and enjoy the tropical fish.
- Boogie board at the “wall” (just south of Kuhio Beach).
- Relax and people watch from the Moana Surfrider Resort’s porch rocking chairs.
And the best bargain in accomodations is my fully furnished one bedroom condo in the Ilikai Hotel. My condo overlooks the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon and the Pacific Ocean. Check out the latest specials, condo interior and Building amenaties at this Ilikai Unit 1530 link. Mahalo.